(1) No advice
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
(2) No warranties
The medical information on this website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website:
(a) will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) is complete, true, accurate, up to date and/or non-misleading.
(3) Professional assistance
Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
The portions may vary for certain health conditions and therefore the diet is not recommended for the following:
- People who are underweight or have an eating disorder
- Children (under 18 years old)
- Type 1 diabetics and diabetics taking medication for their diabetes (other than Metformin)
- Pregnant women or breast feeding mothers
- People recovering from surgery
- Those who are frail or have a significant underlying medical condition should speak to their doctor first, as they would before embarking on any weight-loss regime.
- Those who are not sure about whether it may affect their prescribed medications should to speak to their doctor first.
- People feeling unwell or have a fever
- Those taking Warfarin should consult their doctor first as it may increase their INR.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, we would recommend you consult your doctor before starting this or any exercise program.
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- Have you been told by your doctor that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor because you have a heart condition ?
- Have you had any chest pain in the past month when not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance as a result of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness/collapse?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem (eg back, knee, or hip) that could be made worse by exercise?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing medication for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
(4) Limiting our liability
Nothing in this medical disclaimer will:
(a) limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(b) exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
This website and its contents are copyright of Justine Guest, SMART Body Project. All rights reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose without express approval.
Submissions and comments:
We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the site (collectively, “submit”) messages, recipes, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). We have the right to publish, edit or reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the site or in writing via post for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you – unless we have specifically agreed otherwise in writing prior to submission.
By submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant to us a worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and otherwise exploit the User Content (in whole or in part) Mimi Spencer and Michael Mosley deem appropriate. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content.
You agree that you will not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, moral right, or other third party right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- the licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
We rely on you to present us with User Content that contains accurate and factual material. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided on Fat Loss by the Handful and Babes on the Run website (www.babesontherun.com.au)
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the User Content.
We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes.